It’s that time again, time for the release of the latest Envato Community Podcast. In episode 11, we were fortunate enough to have Amanda Hackwith on with us. Amanda is a RockablePress extradonaire and gaming junky. Amanda talks with us about what it’s like managing the publishing side of the company, writing a book, and of course her amazing gaming collection. Of course, we have plenty of marketplace news and updates included. Lastly, be sure to listen all the way through for some hidden gems and special music, we apologize in advance for our questionable taste of music!
Show notes below the break!
Episode 11 Show Notes:
- Do NOT miss out on Amanda Hackwiths new book “Freelance Confidential”! The book is available in all kinds of different formats.
- 3D World magazine will be hitting the shelves at the beginning of May and will be featuring free 3DOcean files on the cover CD.
- The new presentation templates on GraphicRiver continue to grow in quality and quantity.
- ActiveTuts just started posting Unity3d tutorials.
- Get 10% off FITC Toronto tickets by using discount code ActiveDen10. We’ll have a booth at FITC so be sure to stop by and say hi to Lance. We’ll also be giving away tshirts, marketplace credits, and other fun stuff.
- We’re an official sponsor of Flash Camp Brasil this year. Be sure to check out the free
live stream that’ll run in English and Portuguese
- ActiveDen and ActiveTuts have teamed up with RIA Radio, a development podcast for Flash and Flex.
- Big focus for CodeCanyon and Nettuts+ is the $40,000 competition – April 4th – May 20th
- CodeCanyon is looking for all plugins (WP, Joomla, Drupal, etc), and mobile components!
- Don’t forget to check out the new iPad Appstorm!
- The icon design session on VectorTuts is great for anyone interested in learning how to create quality icons.
- Lastly, don’t miss this special promotion!