browsing posts by category:

Community

Author Spotlight: two2twelve  

by posted in Authors, Community, Interviews
Jan 1

author-interview-two2twelve

Two2twelve is a small theme team with a passion for building websites and WordPress themes. We asked the company founder, Eric Alli, all about the challenges of running a successful theme company and his journey on the Envato Marketplaces.
Continue Reading

Tagged:

Community Poll: Internet Speeds From Around the World in 2013  

by posted in Community
Dec 20

speed on road

When people ask me where I work, I often reply, “On the Internet.” That’s true of most people reading this article, which means that our livelihoods dependent on our access the Net. How good is yours?

Being curious, we recently asked the community to post their Internet speeds on the forums. The response was overwhelming—not just in terms of the huge number of people who took part in the thread, but also in the huge inequality of our access. Read on to learn more.
Continue Reading

Community Pulse: WordCamp Europe 2013  

Nov 20

TiagoJoao Header

I recently joined Envato’s WordPress Evangelist,  Japheth Thomson, in Leiden, NL for WordCamp Europe 2013.  I don’t have Japh’s expertise in WordPress, but was lucky enough to spend some quality time with our community members at the event. Two of those extraordinary users are Tiago Martins and Joao Mesquita.
Continue Reading

Envato Marketplaces in LA and San Francisco!  

by posted in Community
Oct 24

lasanfranmeetups

What an adventure! Some lucky staff members from the Marketplaces team have been galavanting around the US, meeting with our wonderful community and attending events. As they make their way home, here are all the highlights for you to enjoy!
Continue Reading

Tagged:

The LA Community Meetup Was a Blast!  

by posted in Community
Oct 17

The LA Community Meetup was held on the weekend, and I hear it was an unqualified success! We’re very thankful for our community, and it was fantastic to hear of so many of you supporting the event.

Jonah Guelzo (SoundCandy) took time to create the video, and the soundtrack is On Top of the World by Tim McMorris.

Tagged:

5 Ways to Get More Out of the Envato Marketplace Community  

by posted in Community, News
Oct 14

community

As we recently celebrated a mammoth milestone of three million members, I thought it might be nice to share some ways both authors and buyers can get more out of being part of such a massive and unique community.

The beauty of the Envato Marketplaces is that, despite our size and our growth, the voice of an individual can always be heard and any one person can make a huge impact and difference to not only their own life, but to the lives of others.
Continue Reading

Tagged:

13 Chilling Hollywood Soundtracks for Halloween  

by posted in Community
Oct 4

Alien guest

A good horror movie leaves you scared long after the movie is finished. An effectively creepy TV show has you jumping out of your seat every week. What are the spookiest horror movie or TV show soundtracks of all time?
Continue Reading

Author Interview: Nechita Paul Flavius  

Sep 17

author-interview-nechita

He has designs from GraphicRiver to Dribbble, pushes pixels at the speed of light, and never misses an occasion to prove his design skills. This week we meet Nechita Paul Flavius (NechitaPaulFlavius) from GraphicRiver.
Continue Reading

The 7th Envato Birthday Yearbook  

by posted in Authors, Community
Sep 16

yearbookheader

In case you missed it, it was our seventh birthday in August. As a part of our yearly celebrations, the community created a signature yearbook. This year there was 223 signatures added by our awesome community members.
Continue Reading

Community Superstar Winner – Joiaco  

by posted in Community
Aug 21

communitysuperstarjoiaco

Did you know that there are only 930 or so words that begin with the letter ‘Q’? That’s right, and so the quest for a new Community Superstar has quickly come to an end. Meet Joiaco, a quiet queen, qualified with quality quotes, artistic quirks, who never quits.
Continue Reading